Why rent a vacation home in Perdido Key, FL
"Perdido" is a Spanish word for "lost", which is exactly what happens to worries and stress once you set foot on this hidden gem. On the Florida/Alabama warm Gulf Coast waters, you can view dolphins in the morning and watch the ocean glow with sunset colors in the evening. White sand dunes lead to secluded, uncrowded beaches. There are no hotels, only rental properties and campsites. With 60% of the island protected as a wildlife refuge, Perdido Key offers an authentic, old-Florida beach experience, with 345 days of sunshine and an average temperature of 75 degrees.
If you are searching for a vacation rental in Perdido Key, consider staying with TurnKey. We bring all of your favorite hotel perks to you in your vacation rental. Every one of our homes in Perdido Key includes free WiFi, a starter set of toiletries, hotel-grade towels and linens, a professional cleaning prior to your arrival, and 24/7 support from our local Perdido Key team. When you stay with TurnKey, you can relax knowing that you’re in good hands.
With a laid back style, Perdido Key offers numerous things to do while on your vacation. Whether you need family activities, night life, nature or adult down time, the choices are here! Some things to look forward to during your stay in a Perdido Key vacation rental include:
- Perdido Key BeachesThis is the reason you booked a vacation in Florida, right? As some people say, "Come to Perdido for what's there, and what is not." Perdido Key beaches are not crowded. They are not lined with hotels. A less-crowded beach means it is easier to keep an eye on the kids and relax. You can swim in the water without drifting into other vacationers. Grab your morning coffee and walk along the white sand beaches, searching for seashells and watching the dolphins jump in the early light of dawn. Enjoy an evening cocktail while you wiggle your toes in the sand as you watch the sun turn the ocean sky into a palette of colors. On Perdido Key you will enjoy beaches featuring nothing but sand, water, shells and solitude!
- Flora-Bama Oyster Bar & Grill (and fun night spot!)The signature, eclectic experience of Flora-Bama awaits on Perdido Key. Once an old roadhouse, this restaurant and beach bar offers oysters served a myriad of ways, a full menu, live music in a variety of genres, event space, whacky events, and an overall unique experience. After sunset, hit the dance floor or just sip on a drink and look at the ocean. The beach culture of Flora-Bama attracts locals, tourists and celebrities alike. Parking is available, or you can walk in off the beach. Kids menu items are served on a souvenir Flora-Bama frisbee!
- Fort Pickens Aquatic PreserveGet back to the ocean at this special nature preserve. Located at the east end of Perdido Key there are 34,000 acres of land submerged under the Gulf of Mexico. Numerous species use these shallow, grassy waters as their habitats and nesting areas. The area is protected to prevent damage from large boat traffic. When visiting Fort Pickens Aquatic Preserve you are welcome to fish, swim, dive, and boat. A must-see at for scuba divers at Fort Pickens, the USS Massachusetts is submerged underwater to provide aquatic habitat and a unique scuba experience.
- Sam's Fun CityStill need to entertain the kids? Across the bridge Pensacola at Sam’s Fun City awaits every kid’s favorites: indoor go-karts, laser tag, mini golf, bumper boats, arcade games, inflatables, a water park and pizza. The water park boasts 4 water slides, a 750 foot endless lazy river, and two interactive kiddie pools.
- Shops at VillagioThe Shops at Villagio on Perdido Key Drive offers many options without ever needing to leave the island. Have a sweet tooth? Visit Cafe Beignet, or the Ice Cream & Coffee shop. Tend to your relaxation needs at Perdido Massage which also offers facials and waxing. Purchase works by local artists or get an art lesson while on vacation at Artworks Studio and Gallery.
- 6. Big Lagoon State ParkEnjoy "roughing it"? Need outdoor adventures? Just across the bridge on the mainland is 655 acres of untouched beauty at Big Lagoon State Park. Full of saltwater marshes, woodlands and wildlife, the park offers a wealth of outdoor, nature loving activities. You can kayak or canoe, find a bike or hiking trail, and observe a variety of wildlife under the Florida sun. Big Lagoon offers a boat ramp. Fishing and crabbing are allowed!
- Lost Key Golf and Yacht ClubIf you are an avid golfer or boating enthusiast you do not need to leave the island to indulge while on vacation. Located right on Perdido Key, not far from your rental you will find a beautiful golf course and a stunning marina. It's easy to go ahead and book your tee time on their website or get marina pricing so you'll be ready to set sail upon arrival.